Monday, May 19, 2008


ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes on this beauty! well, ignore the fact that the photo quality is subpar; i swear i take THE WORST pictures of all time. at any rate, this sassy little number is a lemon ginger cheesecake, and i made it!

normally i don't make a big deal out of my baked goods, which tend to taste a lot better than they look, but i was super happy with the way this turned out. taste-wise, here are the highlights and lowlights:
- the crust was really delicious. it's just a standard graham cracker crust recipe, but made with gingersnaps and candied ginger. next time i would add less butter, because i found the crust to be a little oozy right out of the oven.
- i tried to transform a lemon curd recipe into ginger lemon curd, but the ginger flavor was way too subtle. next time, more ginger?
- i might add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream to the cheesecake batter, because it seemed a little stiff. but at room temp, the finished cheesecake really was perfect.

ok, i'm done tootin' my own horn. next post will be back to our regularly-scheduled candy rants.

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

Oooooh! You have a new blog! I love it! Hi, Adam! :) What's new? You're not living in Chicago anymore? Wow! Thanks for stopping by my site. I'll add you to my list of links. I love lemon ... and ginger, too? That would surely be a hit. Good job! You should check out the blog Coconut & Lime for some awesome recipes (my friend Rachel owns the site).